WEEE Directive Compliance
WEEE Information for KCI Customers and Recyclers/Treatment Facilities
Under the European Waste Electrical and Electronic Equipment (WEEE) Directive and implementing regulations, when customers buy new electrical and electronic equipment from KCI they are entitled to make use of the collection and recycling arrangements which have been made by KCI.
For professional-use only products, the business customer is entitled to:
- send old KCI Medical equipment for recycling on a one-for-one, like-for-like basis (this varies depending on the country)
- send purchased KCI Medical equipment back for recycling at the end of its life cycle
For prescribed household-use products, the responsible person for the disposal is entitled to:
- make use of the local WEEE collection and recycling arrangements which KCI Medical has made in each country for purchased KCI Medical equipment at the end of its life cycle
Instructions to both KCI customers and recyclers/treatment facilities wishing to obtain disassembly information are provided by following the links below.
- Are you a KCI business customer in the United Kingdom wanting to know about recycling a professional-use KCI product?
- Are you a KCI customer in the United Kingdom wanting to know about recycling a prescribed household-use KCI product?
N.B. This includes the following KCI products:
- Are you a recycler/treatment facility wanting information on how to disassemble and recycle a KCI product?