Strattice™ Reconstructive Tissue Matrix
This information is intended only for residents of the United Kingdom. The product information provided in this site is intended only for residents of the United Kingdom. The products discussed herein may have different product labeling in different countries.
Strattice™ Reconstructive Tissue Matrix is a sterile reconstructive tissue matrix that supports tissue regeneration. Derived from porcine dermis, it undergoes LifeCell’s non-damaging proprietary processing that removes cells and significantly reduces the key component believed to play a major role in the xenogeneic rejection response1.
Challenging hernia repair
- Provides for strong repair2 - Strattice™ Tissue Matrix offers excellent biomechanical strength.
- Minimizes adhesions to implant3- Strattice™ Tissue Matrix minimizes hernia repair complications and allows for simpler future surgeries in the abdominal are
Breast reconstruction postmastectomy
- Optimizes aesthetic results - Strattice™ Tissue Matrix provides additional tissue for implant coverage in cases of aggressive resection; helps control implant location; helps define the inframammary and lateral mammary folds; may help hide implant visibility; and creates a more natural-looking breast.
- May minimize the risk of some complications - Strattice™ Tissue Matrix may help mask breast implant palpability; helps prevent bottoming out or extrusion of implant; may help to prevent skin flap thinning and pectoralis major muscle retraction; and eliminates the need to elevate the serratus muscle.
- Controls breast implant location - Strattice™ Tissue Matrix acts as an "internal bra" to support the implant and helps the surgeon control the pocket size.
- Supports fold malposition repairs - Strattice™ Tissue Matrix may be used to redefine and support a new fold inferiorly or laterally.
- Masks appearance of implant wrinkles or ripples - Strattice™ Tissue Matrix can support the implant, control the pocket size and minimise visible wrinkles, ripples and irregular contours.
Watch an animation on Breast Reconstruction Post Mastectomy with Strattice™ Reconstructive Tissue Matrix
2 Benchtop data on file.
3. Burns NK, et al. Non-cross linked porcine acellular dermal matrices for abdominal wall reconstruction. Plast Reconstr Surg. 2009:PMID:19910855.
Before use, physicians should review all risk information and essential prescribing information which can be found in the Strattice™ Reconstructive Tissue Matrix Instructions for Use (PDF, 4 MB)